Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Special Guest...

Kayla Winters!

Kayla is a sweet, thoughtful, and careful young lady. Patient and caring, she is a great older sister to Alyssa! I have often seen her helping Alyssa and encouraging her to do right. Kayla is also disciplined! I know this because I am teaching her piano, and have given her some practice tools to make her practice times efficient and effective! Kayla has implemented these tools and is reaping the benefits of her diligence because she is able to play a hymn arrangement that is quite challenging for her. Kayla has adorable curly hair, and though she so badly wants it to be long, she is learning to be patient and content with what God has blessed her with now! Kayla is a great help with the laundry, dishes, cleaning, meal prep, and other chores and is well on her way to being a wonderful home-maker! She has many great ideas, and in time, will learn to have more confidence in the gifts and abilities God has given her! I am SO thankful to be her “temporary” big sis! We have such encouraging and delightful times together laughing, talking, biking, baking, and studying God’s Word! I cannot wait to see the godly beautiful woman that Kayla will be and is already becoming! 


Here is what she has to say...


Hello!  My name is Kayla Winters.  I am 12 years old.  I live in Fukuoka, Japan as a missionary kid.  I came when I was 3 years old, so I’m use to living here.  
Since I’ve lived here from when I was little, it’s all I’ve known so I like it.
 One thing I like about Japan is that it’s safe so kids go out all the time on their bikes to different places.  For part of 6th grade I got the experience to go to Japanese school.  For most of elementary school I was home schooled, but it was nice to see once again what Japanese school was like. I say “once again “because I also went
to Japanese school for kindergarten and the first semester of 1st  grade. 

Candid Questions:


Jordan: Do you prefer chopsticks or a fork?
Kayla: I can use both and like both

Jordan: What do you do with your futon about once a week?
Kayla: take it out on the balcony and beat it

Jordan: What is the first thing you do when you enter a house?
Kayla: take my shoes off

Jordan: When do Japanese people wear slippers, in what rooms?
Kayla: they take their slippers off when they go in the bathroom
 and tatami mat rooms(tatami=straw mats)




No comments:

Post a Comment