Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Intermission... Sorry!

So, I promised to post pictures of Hell... uhh, of the hot springs (read earlier posts if you don't understand what I mean by "Hell") but when I went to upload the pictures... I had errors! So, instead, I thought I would blog without pictures until it starts working again! Please excuse this slight intermission!

Many of you may be wondering what I'm doing here and why I came, I will give a short account of the why, then answer the what...

Well, it seems like just last week I was driving in the car on the way home from CT with Mrs. Peragallo when we started talking about the prospective but still unplanned mission trip for this summer. I shared with her my desire to be a blessing to a missionary family, to lighten their load somewhat, so that they could better serve the Lord, because I see that as a most effective way for me to do mission work as a single young lady. So, next thing I new, we were talking about the Winters and she was saying three months! Now here I am, a third of the way through those three months!

A typical week looks like this:

Sunday: Japanese service in the morning, lunch, English service, dinner.
Monday: Teach Alyssa and Kayla piano, teach Ethan guitar, help with English class.
Tuesday: Food shopping, other activities, record hymns at the church
Wednesday: English class, Teach Rachal piano, Young Ladies Bible Study (with Kayla, Rachal, and Natsuki)
Thursday: Music lessons again, English class with Mrs. Winters
Friday: Activity as a family, or rest day, or random activities, record music at the church
Saturday: Errands, Activity, or record music at the church

The Winters have 17 different English classes a week, and I am scheduled to help different ones each week, so the English class schedule is always changing.
Other activities we have done include: Going to a summer festival (natsu-matsuri), swim in the river, ride bikes, visit the library, sew, bake, cook, do chores, do laundry, have a Japanese BBQ, light off sparklers, sleep out under the stars, do kid Bible Studies, family devotions, practice music, practice singing in Japanese, practice reading kid books in Japanese, ask "What's this in Japanese?", paint our nails, play at the park, and give massages! :) I'm sure there are other things we have been doing, but that covers most of them!

In a couple weeks we will be having a follow-up VBS, including an evening Jr. High session. The Winters explained to me that it is extremely difficult to get the teens to come to any events or even to church because they are so busy! I can see that they are! They are constantly riding their bikes or walking by our house in uniforms on their way to some sort of sport practice or summer group! Pray that many teens would come to the Jr. High VBS in spite of the conflict with all their activities!

Praise the Lord for the salvation of two ladies within a week! Midori and Nami trusted the Lord Jesus Christ to be their Savior! We are thrilled to see them understand the Gospel and pray that others would soon follow their example and be baptized and added to the church!

The Lord is GOOD and greatly to be praised! Praise ye the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a busy schedule! I am so glad you are having such a wonderful summer, this will truly be an awesome memory to share with your children some day! Blessings as you serve, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete