Saturday, November 10, 2012

Almost Opposites!

My journeys continue... to TN!


When I was in Japan, my host family offered me their sky miles to book a round trip flight somewhere. The list of possible destinations was rather long! (I’ve got the traveling bug!) I decided to visit my grandparents in TN for a week! Japan and TN are extreme contrasts, and, even though I'm still not sure which side of the road I should be on, are introducing me to new sights, sounds, and thoughts! I've been to TN before, but it was many years ago and I hardly remember the trip! I'm so thankful for this opportunity to get to know my grandparents better and get a taste of what life on a farm is like! A bonus feature of my trip destination and timing is all the Civil War battle sites and museums! I'm currently studying the Civil War to prepare for the DSST exam!

Here are some pictures of the farm my grandparents live on. They just moved here recently so they are in the process of building barns, putting up fences, etc., but it's still beautiful

View of the house from half-way up the hill

Chickens and Roosters!

The woodshed on the left and the old tobacco barn on the right

The horses! I don't have a picture of them, but they also have 4 cows in there.

Kallan and Kenzie! Very big babies! 

The skittish Belties (Belted cows)!

Inside the old tobacco barn

Old trucks!!!

A few "flowers" can survive these frigid climates! (I've been freezing the entire trip thus far! I don't get it! I'm supposed to be a thick-blooded Northern girl.... but I'm just not! At least I'm not thick-blooded!)

1 comment:

  1. The photos are gorgeous! I especially love the photos of the flowers and the dogs!! :) Can't wait to see photos o the Civil War sites you visit!!

    ReplyDelete