Saturday, February 2, 2013

Finally Home...

in King Salmon!!

Well, my flight got in last night to King Salmon! My home for the next few months! I can't begin to describe the majestic mountains and vast untouched land that I have seen already! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of either, because your not supposed to turn electronics on when your taking off and landing (and I obey that rule!)! But, I'm sure I'll be getting more pictures soon enough!

Today we went to Naknek for a stamping party! We stamped 10 cards... needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I finished! (I think I can claim jet lag for an excuse???)! But the cards came out beautifully, thanks to the hard work of the hostess!

Tomorrow I'm off to church with Neal and Lauren and then I'm going to a youth group Superbowl party (a young lady I met today at the Stamping party invited me!). I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning all that I can while I'm here! Already, I've been soaking a lot up!

Here are a few shots from today!



View outside my bedroom window!

It's hard to see, but this boy and his friend were scurrying along the road outside our house with their little guns!




One more picture... this is a photo I found on Wikipedia (public domain) of Naknek! That's basically what it looks like right now... just add water, a little snow, salt, sand, and you've got it!
Naknek!

No comments:

Post a Comment