Saturday, February 23, 2013

Settling In!

Things are going well here!

This past Monday was the beginning of my two online Leadership courses! I am thoroughly enjoying the material so far and I am able to accomplish quite a bit during the quiet moments when the boys are sleeping or playing happily.

This Wednesday we went to the Library for Story Hour! Phew! It took a lot of time and work just to get us all ready to go! The boys were great, and thankfully, one of them slept the entire time! I don't really know what I will do if they are both awake and needing diaper changes or bottles... or just to be held! We manage great here at home because I can put them in their chair or on their Boppy while I take care of the other. Not to mention, I am the only one hearing them cry if they do. But, I guess I will just have to be Super Nanny and do double bottles or double hip carry if necessary!

I went out snowshoeing the other day! It was sunny and there was more than a foot of snow! The woods were enchanting with the snow covered branches of the spruce tree drooping heavily. I have seen a couple white hare, and plenty of tracks!

I am thankful for some "play mates" in the neighborhood! The past couple days, I have gone out sledding with two kids who live a few houses down from us. They are sweet, intelligent, imaginative kids and we have wonderful conversations... and fierce snowball fights!

So, the Lord continues to bless and keep me, as He does so faithfully! I am on day 27 out of 50 of reading Romans 1-8! I have been digging, searching, and cross referencing, but I feel like I have hardly even scratched the surface! By the end of the 50 days, I plan to have it memorized, and at least, I hope to have a good ground work to begin "studying!" :) Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are getting some official "mommy" training lol. When you do have children someday you are going to really appreciate this experience I am sure!! Sounds like you are having fun up there! :D Can't wait for you to come home though... lol

    ReplyDelete